Please join us! We’re a small and dedicated group looking to move the discipline and association forward in new and exciting ways.
The Society for Medical Anthropology (SMA) is calling for nominations to fill the following four positions on the SMA Executive Board:
• Student member-at-large (1 position open) – 3-year term: 2022-2025
• Member-at-large (1 position open) – 3-year term: 2022-2025
• Secretary– 3-year term: 2022-2025
• President Elect – 4-year term: 2022-2026
All SMA members are eligible for nominations. Terms begin at the close of the SMA Business meeting at the American Anthropological Association meetings, November 9-13, 2022. To nominate someone (self-nominations are welcome) please submit the following information electronically to the chair of the Nominations Committee, Thurka Sangaramoorthy (email@example.com):
- A statement from the nominator justifying the nomination
- A CV for the nominee
- Confirmation that the proposed nominee has agreed to stand for election if nominated by SMA’s Nomination Committee.
Nominations may be submitted until January 24th, 2022. In addition to receiving nominations, Thurka Sangaramoorthy will gladly answer questions regarding nominations procedures and the duties entailed in each office