Call for SMA Listserv and Communities Manager
The Society for Medical Anthropology is looking for a new Listserv and Communities Manager who will play a key role in the SMA’s communications initiatives working closely with the SMA President Carolyn Smith-Morris, Communications Committee Chair Ayo Wahlberg, Webmaster Samantha Evans, and Digital Communications Manager Anika Jugovic-Spajic. The SMA Listserv and Communities Manager receives an annual stipend of $2,000. The duties of the Listserv and Communities Manager are to:
- Receive materials from SMA officers, At-Large Board Members, Ex-Officio Board members, SIG chairs, staff, volunteers, SMA members, and others for possible posting.
- Vet materials for their suitability and their relevance to SMA and medical anthropology, consulting with the Communications Committee Chair when in doubt.
- Post approved materials on both the SMA Listserv and SMA Communities message board.
- Coordinate with the Webmaster and Digital Communications Manager when cross-posting seems advisable.
- Bring any problems arising with either the Listserv or Communities to the attention of the Communications Committee Chair.
- Submit an annual report and assist the Communications Committee Chair with information relevant to devising the Communications Committee’s report.
- Participate at Business and Board Meetings (in person or remotely) in order to respond to questions regarding the Listserv and Communities.
The SMA Listserv and Communities Manager role is well-suited for candidates enrolled in graduate study programs with a focus on medical anthropology. If you are interested please send an email with a short motivation as well as a short description of your current work to Communications Committee Chair Ayo Wahlberg by 17 February 2022.